lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GData, updateable IndexSearcher
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:33:00 GMT
On 4/28/06, Doug Cutting <cutting@apache.org> wrote:
> Another complication is determining whether deletions have changed.  We
> don't have a per-segment version number.  We could either add a version
> to the segment (perhaps even in the deletions file)

Deletions (.del) --> ByteCount,BitCount,Bits
ByteSize,BitCount --> Uint32
Bits --> <Byte>ByteCount

If ByteCount is a Uint32, it's high bit will never be 1, so we could add
a flags field first that always had that bit set to be able to tell
the difference between an old .del file and a new style one.  The
flags would also leave room for future expansion (different
representations of a bitvector when the number of documents deleted is
very small, etc).

Deletions (.del) --> DelFlags, DelVersion, ByteCount, BitCount, Bits
DelFlags,DelVersion,ByteCount,BitCount --> Uint32
Bits --> <Byte>ByteCount

-Yonik