lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GData, updateable IndexSearcher
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:33:10 GMT
On 4/26/06, jason rutherglen <jasonhusong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> As this would be used with Solr I wonder if there would be a good way to also update
the Solr caches.

Other than re-executing queries that generated the results? Probably not.
The nice thing about knowing exactly when the view of an index changes
(and having it only change once in a while), is that you can do very
aggressive caching.

If you want an IndexSearcher who's view of the index changed every
second (for example), I don't think Solr's type of caching would be
useful at all (or even possible, if you have big caches and
autowarming).

-Yonik