lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Turkish Analyzer for lucene
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:44:28 GMT

: Anyway, i am sending you TurkishAnalyzer as attachment.I will be VERY
: happy if you upload these codes to:

Emre, I don't know anything about Turkish -- but It's allways good to have
new analyzers: thanks for the contribution.  Uploading it to Jira was
definitely the best way to submit it.

One thing you can do to help encourage people to commit your code, would
be to provide some UnitTests showing it working the way you expect on some
input text.  Perhaps you could adapt some of the tests from the other
analyzers in contrib...

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/analyzers/src/test/org/apache/lucene/analysis/

The ISOLatin1AccentFilter also has a pretty good test case you might want
to use as inspiration...

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/java/trunk/src/test/org/apache/lucene/analysis/TestISOLatin1AccentFilter.java?rev=347991&view=log

...right now i think most of hte commiters are focusing on changes
neccessary for the 2.0 release -- which is more about bug fixes then new
features, but i'm guessing if you had some test case someone would commit
yournew Analyzer relatively soon.

-Hoss