lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Benchmarkers
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 00:20:40 GMT

On Apr 3, 2006, at 11:11 AM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> You might still, if you have time, try swapping in something like
> StopAnalyzer and/or turning off Field.Store.YES.  The relative
> speeds of the various implementations may vary in interesting ways,
> since these paramters may emphasize different strengths and
> weaknesses.

I think the stored+vectored / notStored+notVectored comparison will
emphasize strengths and weaknesses of the various merge models.

> For example, per-token and per-term method calls may be more-or-
> less of a bottleneck in different implementations, similarly for
> per-character i/o when copying document content around.

True, and KinoSearch's Analyzers don't work like Lucene's -- there
isn't even a Token class.  But that's a topic for another day.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/