lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Randy Puttick" <ra...@zillow.com>
Subject RE: [newbie]problem about range query
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 01:00:57 GMT
I recently submitted a patch that replaces the implementation for
multi-term queries (used for fuzzy and wildcard queries) with an
implementation that does the union through a priority queue (these are
always disjunctions).  You *COULD* mimic this change to replace the
mechanism used for range queries.  If you are dealing with a very large
number of range elements then performance can still be quite bad but at
least it doesn't throw.

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 5:48 PM
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: [newbie]problem about range query

There is a FAQ thta covers it, I just updated it since it was somewhat
out
of date and lacked some of the newest (bestest?) info about dealing with
this problem...

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ#head-06fafb5d19e786a50fb
3dfb8821a6af9f37aa831

In the future, questions about using lucene and exceptions you may get
are
ment for the java-user mailing list.  java-dev is for discussing changes
to the lucene code base itself.

: I used following code to do my range searching:

: but i met follow error messages:
:
: Exception in thread "main"
: org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses

-Hoss