lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Charlie <charlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Jbuilder to build lucene, package gnu.gcj does not exist
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:18:34 GMT

Hi,

In Jbuilder, I can use ant to build lucene-core-1.9.2-dev.jar, but if
use Jbuilder itself to build, then I am getting these errors.

"GCJIndexInput.java": package gnu.gcj does not exist at line 20, column 16
"GCJIndexInput.java": cannot find symbol; symbol  : class RawData, location: class org.apache.lucene.store.GCJIndexInput
at line 31, column 10
"GCJIndexInput.java": cannot find symbol; symbol  : class RawData, location: class org.apache.lucene.store.GCJIndexInput
at line 32, column 10

In the /src/gcj, you can find Makefile, and further GCJTermDocs.cc and
GCJIndexInput.cc. I have lost with them after spending couple of hours
in searching for GCJ.

Is there anybody would like to help me out?

? How can I include "package gnu.gcj" directly? e.g. through some lib

? Is there any FAQ/turorial/etc. for Lucene developer? e.g. build
through JBuilder. e.g. How to set up Lucene's development environment?

? Why use GCJ?

Appreciated.

Charlie