lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Hoover <dhxx1...@yahoo.com>
Subject using Plucene and Plucene::Simple
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:20:14 GMT
I have developed some simple programs in java form creating lucene indexes and then using them
to search. I now have an interest in using perl to use the indexes for search purposes, but
am having trouble doing even the simplest thing using Plucene and Plucene::Simple. If anyone
here can help, I would appreciate it. After googling and attempting to use Plucene directly,
it appeared that it would be better to use Plucene::Simple. Trouble is, it will not install,
either on my windows XP box or my linux box. In both cases, the install fails (more or less)
the same way. Here is the message from the linux box:

  make: *** [test] Error 255
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
Failed during this command:
  ADIE/Test-Class-0.11.tar.gz                  : make_test NO
  STRYTOAST/PluceneSimple-1.04.tar.gz          : make_test NO

  There are a bunch of test failures before that. I installed Plucene (1.24) just fine.

  The example code on the Plucene perldoc page could be a little more complete. All I want
to do is use QueryParser against a lucene index I created using java, and get back a list
of documents. I have done this in java but seem to be lacking the Rosetta stone to do it in
perl. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks.
  Dean

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone  calls to 30+ countries for just 2ยข/min with Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.