lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shay Banon <kim...@mac.com>
Subject Re: 1.9 RC1
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:09:38 GMT
Hi,

	I have just updated to lucene 1.9, and hit a problem with the
mentioned optimization. I have applied it to the my
JdbcBufferedOutput (I only duplicate the code because the BUFFER_SIZE
is final), and I hit a problem. In the following code fragment (the
method is writeBytes):

     } else {
       // is data larger then buffer?
       if (length > BUFFER_SIZE) {
         // we flush the buffer
         if (bufferPosition > 0)
           flush();
         // and write data at once
         flushBuffer(b, length);
       } else {

the bufferStart is not incremented after the flushBuffer method is
called. So if someone calls getFilePointer just afterwards, it will
give the wrong result (hit it with the compound format). A simple fix
would be to add bufferStart += length; just after flushBuffer.

By the way, is there a chance that BufferedIndexInput and
BufferedIndexOutput will have the buffer size as a member variable,
with a setter (or at least protected visibility), so I won't have to
duplicate the buffer support in Jdbc?

Shay