lucene-dev mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Developper Question - Highlighting
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:40:24 GMT
Please post "how do I?" questions to the Java-user
group.
The dev list is for people maintaining the core Lucene
code.

>>because lucene does not store the text contents
>>in index

It does if you want it to. See the Field.Store.Yes
property when adding new docs.
The Highlighter class in the contrib section contains
a JUnit test which offers a completely self-contained
example of how indexing/searching/highlighting can
work.

Hopefully this should give you enough to go on. If you
have any further questions please post them to
java-user group.

Cheers
Mark