lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Shailesh Kochhar" <shailesh.koch...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing new scoring algorithms in lucene
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 01:22:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm interested in implementing a few new scoring algorithms in Lucene
and I was wondering if anyone had attempted this in the past and how
successful they had been. If there are any resources that someone
could point me to that would be great, Googling and searching the
mailing-list archives didn't turn up anything.

After looking over the current implementation of tf-idf scoring, I
concluded that the  weighting and scoring framework is mostly
implemented in TermQuery and TermScorer classes. I am thinking of
extending these classes and replacing a few others to implement the
new algorithm. Am I heading in the right direction? Does it make sense
to try and extend these classes or should I try building a parallel
heirarchy to do this?

Thank you for your time,
  - Shailesh