lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.9 RC1 release available
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:23:22 GMT

: FYI, I think all of the commits to trunk since the RC1 release are safe
: to merge to the 1.9 branch.  They're mostly documentation improvements.
:   So my plan is currently, on Monday, to merge these changes to the 1.9
: branch, then make a 1.9-final release.  I'll again announce it to the

...Which means this weekend would be a good time for contrib module owners
to commit a quick one sentence "package.html" for each package in their
module.  Now that the contrib classes are built/bundled/distributed along
with lucene-core, documenting what these modules do will be really handy.

contrib packages that are currently lacking a package.html ...

  ant            org.apache.lucene.ant
  luceli         lucli
  miscellaneous  org.apache.lucene.misc
  miscellaneous  org.apache.lucene.queryParser.analyzing
  miscellaneous  org.apache.lucene.queryParser.precedence
  similarity     org.apache.lucene.search.similar
  regex          org.apache.lucene.search.regex
  regex          org.apache.regexp
  surround       org.apache.lucene.queryParser.surround.parser
  surround       org.apache.lucene.queryParser.surround.query

The Demo code base is also missing package level documentation...

  org.apache.lucene.demo
  org.apache.lucene.demo.html

-Hoss