lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.9 RC1 release available
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:23:22 GMT

: FYI, I think all of the commits to trunk since the RC1 release are safe
: to merge to the 1.9 branch.  They're mostly documentation improvements.
:   So my plan is currently, on Monday, to merge these changes to the 1.9
: branch, then make a 1.9-final release.  I'll again announce it to the

...Which means this weekend would be a good time for contrib module owners
to commit a quick one sentence "package.html" for each package in their
module.  Now that the contrib classes are built/bundled/distributed along
with lucene-core, documenting what these modules do will be really handy.

contrib packages that are currently lacking a package.html ...

  ant            org.apache.lucene.ant
  luceli         lucli
  miscellaneous  org.apache.lucene.misc
  miscellaneous  org.apache.lucene.queryParser.analyzing
  miscellaneous  org.apache.lucene.queryParser.precedence
  regex          org.apache.regexp
  surround       org.apache.lucene.queryParser.surround.parser
  surround       org.apache.lucene.queryParser.surround.query

The Demo code base is also missing package level documentation...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message