lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.9 RC1 release available
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 00:55:53 GMT

: In either case, what I'm arguing is that the current behavior makes more
: sense in the real world of query expressions (that is, makes the most
: common query expressions simpler), so why not continue it?

I disagree with that statment.  People familiar with shell globing are
going to be confused if "riot??????????????????????" matches "riot" and
"riotXXX".

Are you expecting "r?ot" to match "rot" as well? (i'm not sure if
the initial bug in LUCENE-306 only affected trailing '?' or inner
instances as well)

-Hoss