lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: changing prefix queries to use a filter instead of expanding terms
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 01:26:30 GMT

: care about having contribute to the score of the hit. Along those lines I
: was thinking about adding some functionality to the code that expands prefix
: queries to create a filter and use that instead of just expanding the
: individual terms. Can anyone see any major issues with doing it this way?

Not at all, in fact the same idea has already been commited for
RangeQueries, and maybe if we poke Yonik real nicely, he'll cleanup/commit
the version of PrefixFilter he already wrote and mentioned in
passing here...

-Hoss