lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: version issue ?
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 00:23:10 GMT
Andi Vajda wrote:
> Understood. What threw me off was the 'rc1-dev' part of the version on
> the branch. I'd expect it to say 1.9 or 1.9-final since the .jar files
> produced by a 1.9 branch checkout all say 1.9-rc1-dev even though the
> branch is past that now.

Previously I've always incremented the version before making the
release, and this always seemed to confuse folks.  This time I tried not
incrementing it, and that seems to confuse folks too!

My one concern is that I don't think code that folks download should
build something called 1.9-final, as that could be confusing: we should
reserve names that sound like real releases for real releases, compiled
with the correct JVM, etc.

If you have strong feelings about what should be in these I'd love to
hear them!

Doug