lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: version issue ?
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 00:07:11 GMT
Andi Vajda wrote:
> The announcement about the Java Lucene 1.9 final release was made today
> but common-build.xml stills lists "1.9-rc1-dev" for the "version"
> property both on the 1.9 branch and on the trunk. Is this an oversight ?

I wouldn't read too much into it.  It's convenient to have trunk and the
1.9 branch synchronized as long as possible.  Said another way, it's
inconvenient when they diverge, since merging becomes harder.

I made the 1.9 release yesterday, then waited 24 hours for it to get
mirrorred.  Today I announced it to the developer list.  If no problems
are reported, then tomorrow I'll announce it to the user list.  Once
it's really out the door and we should start moving trunk to 2.0.  We
could start doing that now, since we have a branch, and it probably
wouldn't cause any inconvenience.  This is a long way of saying that the
version number in trunk will probably change to 2.0-dev tomorrow.

If we end up making changes in the 1.9 branch, with the intent of making
a 1.9.1 release, then we should update the version in that branch to be
1.9.1-dev.  We could do that now if we like, but I probably won't bother
to do it until I apply a patch to that branch.

Doug