lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML based Query Parser
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:43:26 GMT
markharw00d wrote:
> Further to our discussions some time ago I've had some time to put
> together an XML-based query parser with support for many "advanced"
> query types not supported in the current Query parser.
>
> More details and code here:
> http://www.inperspective.com/lucene/LXQuery2.htm

Mark,

I think this could make a good contrib module.  I'd move the new query
classes into a separate contrib/queries module (where perhaps a number
of queries now in the core might also better live).  And it would be
good to have a utility that builds a parser with builders for all of the
core query classes and perhaps also all of the contrib queries.
Overall, Bravo.

A related, useful, contribution would be a servlet that parses posted
xml queries, runs them against an index, and returns the hit documents
as xml.  We don't want this to compete with Solr, but, for many folks, a
barebones solution like this might be sufficient.

Doug