lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.9 RC1 release available
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 04:09:48 GMT
1) Having a simple way to match singular and plural forms of a term with
a single wildcard expression is quite useful.
2) The trailing '?' behavior has been present since that wildcard was
first introduced.  Why not provide a flag to allow the original behavior
to optionally be preserved?
3) The fact that virtually no one objected to the original behavior
suggests that few if any were confused by it.