lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.9 RC1
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:51:50 GMT
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> I think moving forward the query parser and fileformat docs should be
> moved into docfile directories within the java source, so they are
> reved/tagged with the individual releases.  That way when people have
> questions about the file format of their index built with 1.9 they don't
> have to worry about changes that the version on the website documents the
> fileformat in 2.4 which is different.  Likwise for questions about what
> syntax is valid in the version of QueryParser they are using.

I agree that it would be useful to have multiple versions of the
documentation on the website.  (Any volunteers to re-architect the website?)

Currently the website is only meant to describe the current release.
Note that the fileformat and query parser syntax documentation is
included with releases, so that one can always refer to the
documentation downloaded, rather than the website.

Doug