lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Harhen <michaelhar...@cox.net>
Subject Suggested Patches to MultiPhraseQuery and QueryTermExtractor (for use with HighLighter)
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 23:33:42 GMT
I encountered a problem with the Highlighter, where it was not recognizing MultiPhraseQuery.
To fix this, I developed the following two patches:

1. Addition to org.apache.lucene.search.MultiPhraseQuery:

Add the following method:

 /** Returns the set of terms in this phrase. */
 public Term[] getTerms() {
   ArrayList allTerms = new ArrayList();
   Iterator iterator = termArrays.iterator();
   while (iterator.hasNext()) {
     Term[] terms = (Term[])iterator.next();
     for (int i = 0, n = terms.length; i < n; ++i) {
       allTerms.add(terms[i]);
     }
   }
   return (Term[])allTerms.toArray(new Term[0]);
 }

2. Patch to org.apache.lucene.search.highlight.QueryTermExtractor:

a) Add the following import:
import org.apache.lucene.search.MultiPhraseQuery;

b) Add the following code to the end of the getTerms(...) method:
       else  if(query instanceof MultiPhraseQuery)
               getTermsFromMultiPhraseQuery((MultiPhraseQuery) query,
terms, fieldName);
   }

c) Add the following method:
  private static final void getTermsFromMultiPhraseQuery(MultiPhraseQuery query, HashSet terms,
String fieldName)
  {
    Term[] queryTerms = query.getTerms();
    int i;

    for (i = 0; i < queryTerms.length; i++)
    {
        if((fieldName==null)||(queryTerms[i].field()==fieldName))
        {
            terms.add(new WeightedTerm(query.getBoost(),queryTerms[i].text()));
        }
    }
  }

Can the team update the repository?