lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Extending Doucment and Hits
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:20:57 GMT
I'll just reply briefly and say that this topic has come up before
and is usually shot down because what you are after can be
accomplished by wrappers on your end.  You would need to modify
IndexSearcher and family to return a JDBCHits and have your JDBCHits
modified to create JDBCDocuments, which seems overkill for what
you're after.   Why not just create a wrapper set of classes that do
what you need with JDBC and Hits in an aggregate fashion rather than
subclass fashion?

	Erik