lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenelist2...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.9 RC1 release available
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:33:39 GMT
On Dienstag 21 Februar 2006 18:50, Doug Cutting wrote:

> I will send this announcement to user list tomorrow if no major issues
> are identified.  If things still look good next week, I will promote
> this release to 1.9-final.

Shouldn't we include at least some package from contrib, like analyzers and
highlighter? "ant package" builds fine on my system, but it downloads
libraries from the web, so we cannot distribute everything. But analyzers
and highlighter should be okay. Actually analyzers contains classes that
were in core before, so we really need to include it.

BTW, lucli (the command line lucene searcher) builds fine, but the manifest
in the jar doesn't specify the Main-Class so you cannot start it with
java's -jar option. Could someone have a look at this (Erik?)? I don't
understand how that ant task is supposed to work, the manifest is
specified and looks okay...

Regards
 Daniel

--