lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ThaiAnalyzer for Lucene
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:27:54 GMT
Hi Samphan,

Please create an "issue" in JIRA, and attach your code to it.  We can put the analyzers in
the contrib section of Lucene.
I hope DictionaryBasedBreakIterator is not a compile-time dependency, because we probably
can't distribute ICU4J due to the license.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Samphan Raruenrom <samphan@osdev.co.th>
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:51:33 PM
Subject: ThaiAnalyzer for Lucene

Hi,

I've wrote an alpha version of ThaiAnalyzer to enable
Thai in Lucene full text search.
Thai has no space between words (same for Lao and Khmer),
so you need a dictionary-based word breaker to break words.
I use ICU4j DictionaryBasedBreakIterator for this job.

I want to contribute the code using the Apache license,
so it'll be useful to other people.
How can I do this?
I see analyzers for various languages in the Sandbox.
How can I put the code there?

Thanks.

--
_/|\_ Samphan Raruenrom. Open Source Development Co., Ltd.
Tel: +66 38 311816, Fax: +66 38 773128, http://www.osdev.co.th/