lucene-dev mailing list archives

From slagrau...@ccr.fr
Subject Re: renaming IndexReader.delete() ?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:46:30 GMT
I certainly agree with this change!

We all have interest in having a clean and understandable API.

             Erik Hatcher
             <erik@ehatchersol
             utions.com>                                                 A
                                       java-dev@lucene.apache.org
             05/12/2005 23:43                                           cc

                                                                     Objet
             Veuillez répondre         Re: renaming IndexReader.delete() ?
             java-dev@lucene.a
                 pache.org

On Dec 5, 2005, at 3:04 PM, Andi Vajda wrote:
> Since Lucene 1.9 is a long-awaited release where we're considering
> deprecating some APIs, how about renaming and deprecating
> IndexReader.delete() as follows:
>
>  - IndexReader.delete(int)  -> IndexReader.deleteDocument(int)
>  - IndexReader.delete(Term) -> IndexReader.deleteDocuments(Term)

+1

I volunteer to make this change if it is agreed upon.  I have a
vested interest in seeing GCJ work as well as possible :)

             Erik