lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Donovan Aaron" <>
Subject RE: JE Directory/XA Transactions
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:58:37 GMT
I submitted the code as JIRA issue LUCENE-482.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher []
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: JE Directory/XA Transactions

Aaron, this is great news!

As for contributing, the best thing to do is follow along with the
conventions set up in the contrib/db area.  Maybe your contribution
could co-exist with that area?   If it does make sense for it to co-
exist with DbDirectory, then put your files in your local copy there
getting all the build and dependency stuff taken care of, make a .zip of
the new files and a patch (svn diff > patchfile) for any changed files.
If it makes more sense for your contribution to be in a separate contrib
area, create that locally (perhaps contrib/bdbje?) and create a .zip of
it.  Ensure all your files are licensed with the Apache Software
License, then attach your files to a new JIRA issue.

On Dec 29, 2005, at 1:17 PM, Donovan Aaron wrote:

> I recently ported Andi Vajda's DbDirectory to the Java Edition of
> Berkeley DB.  The main reason being the JCA connector and XA
> transactions.  Initial results are great and shown below.  I'm new to
> contributing.  What is the procedure for making this code available?
> JEDirectory
> Writing files byte by byte
> 1453 total milliseconds to create, 5214 kb/s
> 722 total milliseconds to read, 10494 kb/s 80 total milliseconds to
> delete
> 2255 total milliseconds
> Writing files as one byte array
> 1032 total milliseconds to create, 7918 kb/s
> 311 total milliseconds to read, 26274 kb/s 60 total milliseconds to
> delete
> 1403 total milliseconds
> DbDirectory
> Writing files byte by byte
> 9879 total milliseconds to create, 766 kb/s
> 601 total milliseconds to read, 12607 kb/s
> 9188 total milliseconds to delete
> 19668 total milliseconds
> Writing files as one byte array
> 12304 total milliseconds to create, 664 kb/s
> 281 total milliseconds to read, 29079 kb/s
> 9689 total milliseconds to delete
> 22274 total milliseconds
> Regards,
> Aaron Donovan