lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Donovan Aaron" <donovan_aa...@bah.com>
Subject RE: JE Directory/XA Transactions
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:58:37 GMT
I submitted the code as JIRA issue LUCENE-482.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 1:29 PM
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: JE Directory/XA Transactions

Aaron, this is great news!

As for contributing, the best thing to do is follow along with the
conventions set up in the contrib/db area.  Maybe your contribution
could co-exist with that area?   If it does make sense for it to co-
exist with DbDirectory, then put your files in your local copy there
getting all the build and dependency stuff taken care of, make a .zip of
the new files and a patch (svn diff > patchfile) for any changed files.
If it makes more sense for your contribution to be in a separate contrib
area, create that locally (perhaps contrib/bdbje?) and create a .zip of
it.  Ensure all your files are licensed with the Apache Software
License, then attach your files to a new JIRA issue.

Thanks,
	Erik