lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.9 release date?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 09:06:14 GMT

On Dec 5, 2005, at 2:03 AM, Ray Tsang wrote:
> I think this release issue died out again.  I noticed an increase in
> commit activities recently!  I've also noticed the release plan for
> 2.0 on the wiki.  Does current 1.9 already meet the criterias for 2.0?
> At least API-wise?  If so, is it possible to make ways for a release?
> at least marking the API stable, setting a feature freeze, and make
> release candidates?

As far as I know, the current trunk is ready for release, waiting for
a release manager volunteer.  I'm all for a release.

The only thing I have on my plate is to move the (Span)RegexQuery to
contrib/regex, which I'll be doing this week.

> Also, I mentioned before about a Tracker bug regarding the 1.9
> release.  In JIRA, we should mark all other versions as 'released',
> and move 1.9 up to the front of version list.  This way, JIRA will
> collapse all the other versions and only show open issues related to
> 1.9 release.

I have just marked all the other versions as released in JIRA.  It
still shows 1.9 under the "unreleased" area at the bottom of the
list, though.  I'm not sure how to change that.  Once 1.9 is marked
as released it will appear at the top as it is listed as the latest,
but it groups into released and unreleased with no option (that I can
see) to order those.

	Erik