lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r351548 - in /lucene/java/trunk/src/test/org/apache/lucene: index/store/FSDirectoryTest.java index/store/TestFSDirectory.java util/StringHelperTest.java util/TestStringHelper.java
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 20:51:47 GMT

On Dec 7, 2005, at 1:32 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> TestFSDirectory fails for me:
>
>     [junit] Testcase:
> testTmpDirIsPlainFile(org.apache.lucene.index.store.TestFSDirectory):
>    Caused an ERROR
>     [junit] Access is denied
>     [junit] java.io.IOException: Access is denied
>     [junit]     at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively
> (Native Method)
>     [junit]     at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:850)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.lucene.index.store.TestFSDirectory.testTmpDirIsPlainFile
> (TestFSDirectory.java:66)
>
> I fixed the obvious error, only to then hit another error... after
> fixing that one I realized that the test probably couldn't even test
> what the comments suggested since it can't force a re-read of the
> lockDir property.
>
> Should this test just be removed?

I haven't looked at the details yet, but just ran the full clean test
suite and it passed for me on Mac OS X:

     [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.lucene.index.store.TestFSDirectory
     [junit] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed:
1.875 sec

I'll look at it further, but if you feel this is a bogus test I'm
fine with it being removed.

	Erik