lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Directory Implementation: Java Content Repository
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:06:30 GMT
Nicolas - I'm going to defer comments on this to others more intimate
with these internals.  If you have a compelling reason to open up
some package privates, then that wouldn't be a problem.  We've done
this several times before.

	Erik

On Dec 14, 2005, at 12:52 PM, Nicolas Belisle wrote:

> Hi Erik,
>
> Since Java Content Repository uses java.io.InputStream, I extended
> RAMInputStream to achieve random reads from the
> java.io.InputStream. (Have a better idea ?)
>
> However RAMInputStream and its constructor parameter (RAMFile) are
> package private.
>
> Should I ? :
>
> - 1. Put all my thing in "org.apache.lucene.store"
> - 2. Put my RAMInputStream sub-class in "org.apache.lucene.store"
> and call it from a different package ("org.apache.lucene.store.jcr")
> - 3. Make RAMFile class public and its fields (generate getter/
> setter) and RAMInputStream (Requires changes to Lucene source code)
> - 4. Copy the code of RAMInputStream in my class (Not a very good
> idea)
> - 5. >>Put your strategy here<<
>
> You do you think ?
>
> Some changes to  RAMInputStream/RAMFile would probably help the
> development of other Directory implementations.
>
> Nicolas
>

> Le 19:27 2005-12-12, vous avez écrit:
>> Nicolas,
>>
>> This is great news!   The first step to getting your code within the
>> Lucene repository would be to organize it a manner similar to the
>> other contributed projects.  I think this one fits nicely as
>> contrib/ jcr.  License the code with the Apache license, get the
>> build process
>> working, hopefully with unit tests using the infrastructure already
>> in place for the contrib projects, and finally add it as a patch to
>> JIRA as a .zip file.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>>         Erik
>>

>> On Dec 12, 2005, at 6:20 PM, Nicolas Belisle wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've implemented a Directory (org.apache.lucene.store.Directory)
>>> using Java Content Repository (http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?
>>> id=170).
>>>
>>> With it, indexes can be stored in any persistence technology
>>> supported by a Java Content Repository implementation. For example,
>>> Jackrabbit (the reference implementation - http://
>>> incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/) currently supports relational