lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Mario Alejandro M." <mamc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Advanced" query language
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:13:48 GMT
>From my work in port Lucene to Delphi I think that have a LQL (Lucene Query
Language) is a valuable idea, but I consider that put it in XML is not
expresive enough for this...

Anyway, I think that going the way of SQL or OCL can be better.... is a more
clear syntax have:

QUERY title,date,size, content WHERE (title LIKE 'foo*' OR size>=0)

and like in OCL, the functions can be injected for better flexibility...

or maybe embeb a Scripting engine? that can be more usefull, and can be used
for easy extend other things apart of the query language..

--
Mario Alejandro Montoya
MCP