lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: JE Directory/XA Transactions
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:28:53 GMT
Aaron, this is great news!

As for contributing, the best thing to do is follow along with the
conventions set up in the contrib/db area.  Maybe your contribution
could co-exist with that area?   If it does make sense for it to co-
exist with DbDirectory, then put your files in your local copy there
getting all the build and dependency stuff taken care of, make a .zip
of the new files and a patch (svn diff > patchfile) for any changed
files.  If it makes more sense for your contribution to be in a
separate contrib area, create that locally (perhaps contrib/bdbje?)
and create a .zip of it.  Ensure all your files are licensed with the
Apache Software License, then attach your files to a new JIRA issue.

Thanks,
	Erik