lucene-dev mailing list archives

From JOAQUIN.DELG...@ORACLE.COM
Subject Re: "Advanced" query language
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:05:37 GMT
Ok. I admit hijacking Mark's original intentions :-) Nevertheless, I think it would be a very
interesting project to expose Lucene indexes via XQuery or at least XPath initially with Lucene
based full-text extensions, regardless of the type of documents that have been indexed (I'm
not talking about indexing XML docs here). As long as meta-data is stored/index along with
the content, which is the most common case, a Lucene document object and hit list can be easily
represented in XML. Thus a Lucene index can be potencially searched as an virtual XML data-source
using XQuery/XPath which opens a totally new array of applications.

-- Joaquin