lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Query modifier
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:42:40 GMT
In my latest project, I've written code to walk a general Query and
do three different manipulations of it: 1) Convert it to a SpanQuery
2) Change a specified field to another field for each nested Query 3)
Rotate (Span)RegexQuery terms.

I have a lot of duplication of this recursive Query processing.  I'd
like to create a general way to do this sort of thing and am
wondering if others have created similar routines and  have ideas
that might be useful in making a general facility.

I'm also curious if there are changes to Query that could be made to
facilitate this sort of thing, such as setters to allow terms to be
changed without having to construct an entirely new TermQuery for
example.  I realize that Query's are considered basically immutable,
and maybe this is an important thing to maintain, or maybe this
convention is worth abolishing?

Thoughts?

	Erik