lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: "Advanced" query language
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 15:47:45 GMT
Rest assured that human-readable query expressions aren't going away
at all.  I don't think Mark even implied that.  The idea is to have a
way to communicate a query electronically in a precise way that
avoids parser syntax and the awkwardness this could have with
analysis.  This seems reasonable.

I can't imagine humans typing <BooleanQuery><TermQuery field="title"
term="foobar"/><WildcardQuery field="body" expression="*foo*"/></
BooleanQuery>  :))

	Erik