lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <>
Subject Re: "Advanced" query language
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:12:14 GMT
On Saturday 03 December 2005 19:00, markharw00d wrote:
> Erik Hatcher wrote:
> parameters that tweak it's behaviour. If I don't have a query language
> that names the parameters explicitly (say, XML) I end up having to
> define what looks like a function with a long list of parameters: "like
> (123,,,4,,,)". Ack.

Indeed, this is a disadvantage of the "function call" syntax.
Human input of the arguments of more complex queries
best supported by a GUI, much like existing SQL query
front ends.
Would it be possible to privide such a GUI automatically
(by introspection) given a set of Query classes of which objects
can be mixed to form a query?

Paul Elschot

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: