lucene-dev mailing list archives

From carlo walentiny <carlo.walent...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug or Stupid: deleting (some) query results while iterating over query results
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:37:47 GMT
>However, since you have modified the underlying reader, the second and
>subsequent searches will not return the same first 100 results.

I assumed that documents _marked_ as deleted were returned as query
results (but didn't validate this). I suppose you're right, in which case my
code-logic is nonsense. Shall change.

However, I'm not sure that there might then not still be a lucene
bug, maybe hits.length() isn't updated as a result of the internal
re-query?

I will try your suggestion (or simply cache query results, and then
batch delete in one go which should be faster anyhow).

Thanks for the quick reply,

-carlo