lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject open source YourKit licence
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:27:23 GMT
Does anyone have experience with YourKit & the open source license?
I was just asking for a license for myself (see email below), and the
web page actually says that the logo is optional (and many other
apache projects http://www.yourkit.com/customers/index.jsp seemingly
exclude it.)

Still, they are providing something for free, and they probably
deserve a bump... maybe something like the credits here:
http://db.apache.org/ojb/

So,
a) do any other committers want a license, and
b) would we be willing to put their logo somewhere in exchange?

-Yonik

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sales@yourkit.com <sales@yourkit.com>
Date: Nov 30, 2005 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: open source YourKit licence
To: Yonik Seeley <yseeley@gmail.com>

Hello Yonik,

thank you for your interest in our product.

We are ready to provide free of charge licenses for "Apache Lucene" project.
Please send me the list of developers (names and surnames) which need licenses.

In return we require to place a link (with logo; find logo attached) to YourKit
at http://lucene.apache.org

Should you have any questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to
contact us.

Best regards,
<Name Protected> --Yonik
YourKit, LLC
http://www.yourkit.com
"Don't get lost in data, get information!"