lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compatibility of Lucene 1.9
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 03:28:34 GMT
It's almost impossible to maintain 100% compatibility... I think the
current level of compatibility is pretty good.

I ran into a couple of minor things myself when upgrading to Lucene 1.9:
  - writeLogTimeout and commitLockTimeout are now final, so they can't
be changed.
  - I have a class that extends Searcher, and there were new methods
added to Searchable which means I had to implement those new method
before my class would compile.

This is expert level stuff, the needed changes took me 10 minutes, and
one one should deploy a new version without thorough testing anyway
(it's a years worth of changes, after all).

-Yonik
Now hiring -- http://forms.cnet.com/slink?231706