lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Contrib in oblivion
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:14:18 GMT

On 12 Nov 2005, at 06:15, Paul Elschot wrote:
>>> I upgraded ant and building from contrib/surround/build.xml works
>>> here.
>>> However
>>>
>>> ant build-contrib
>>>
>>> using the lucene build.xml currently fails at compiling the lucene
>>> test code.
>>>

>> Help me out here... the error message please :)
>>

> At revision 332756:
> This is the (slightly edited) first error message that I get from
> ant compile-test
>
> common.compile-test:
>     [javac] Compiling 5 source files to .../trunk/build/classes/test
>     [javac] .../trunk/src/test/org/apache/lucene/analysis/
> TestStandardAnalyzer.java:3: package junit.framework does not exist
>     [javac] import junit.framework.TestCase;
>
> I get the same error message for ant build-contrib.

This is a classic Ant/JUnit issue.  JUnit's JAR is best put in
ANT_HOME/lib, which I presume is not the case in your environment.  I
always put it there as soon as I install Ant.  Having junit.jar
somewhere else outside the classpath that Ant runs with has always
been problematic classloader-wise.

     Erik