lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Mario Alejandro M." <mamc...@gmail.com>
Subject How build something like smart tags
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:49:40 GMT
I'm building a search engine couple with database info... I wanna to detect
things like phone-numbers, adress, money values, etc...

This things are easy with regex... but exist things like persons names and
places that I not can see how detect...

for example, below in the mail is my name, a web adress and a phrase... How
can detect my name in the text? I have a database of names, but if the name
is writed:

Mario
Mario A. Montoya
Mario Alejandro Montoya Cort├ęs
Mario Alejandro Montoya C.

I don't can simply do a direct lookup...

Any ideas in how this can be build, like is working with smart tags in
office?
--
Mario Alejandro Montoya
MCP