lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r332747 - in /lucene/java/trunk: ./ src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/regex/ src/test/org/apache/lucene/search/regex/
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:04:03 GMT
ehatcher@apache.org wrote:
> +23. Added regular expression queries, RegexQuery and SpanRegexQuery.
> +    Note the same term enumeration caveats apply with these queries as
> +    apply to WildcardQuery and other term expanding queries.
> +    (Erik Hatcher)

I don't like adding more error-prone stuff like this.  Giving folks
something that sounds really useful but blows up in many cases is not a
good idea.  We should fix all of these before we add more, no?

I would be in favor of converting all of the term-expanding queries to
be constant-scoring.  A filter class could easily be implemented that
takes a FilteredTermEnum.  Combine this with ConstantScoreQuery (from
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-383) to re-implement each
term-expanding query class.  What do others think?

Doug