lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: compatibility of Lucene 1.9
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 14:19:55 GMT
Expert level changes are understandable.  But I'm more concerned
about folks wanting to simply drop in the 1.9 JAR into an existing
application without recompilation.  Where do we break this?  And is
there no way to get to binary level compatibility?  If not, then our
next release version should just be 2.0 and skip 1.9, don't ya think?

     Erik