lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Contrib in oblivion: no more, ant test-contrib working now.
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:07:41 GMT
On Sunday 13 November 2005 01:14, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> > At revision 332756:
> > This is the (slightly edited) first error message that I get from
> > ant compile-test
> >
> > common.compile-test:
> >     [javac] Compiling 5 source files to .../trunk/build/classes/test
> >     [javac] .../trunk/src/test/org/apache/lucene/analysis/
> > TestStandardAnalyzer.java:3: package junit.framework does not exist
> >     [javac] import junit.framework.TestCase;
> >
> > I get the same error message for ant build-contrib.
>
> This is a classic Ant/JUnit issue.  JUnit's JAR is best put in
> ANT_HOME/lib, which I presume is not the case in your environment.  I
> always put it there as soon as I install Ant.  Having junit.jar
> somewhere else outside the classpath that Ant runs with has always
> been problematic classloader-wise.

After copying junit.jar to the from the previous version lib dir to the 1.6.5
dir ant test-contrib succeeds.
This is indeed classic, I remember having had this problem before.

Would it be an idea to test for the presence of junit.jar before compiling
any test code during the build?

Btw. ant 1.6.2 seems to work the same way as 1.6.5 on the test-contrib target,
so the absolute/relative path change in subant for 1.6.3 was not a problem,
it must have been my version of the various build xml files.

Regards,
Paul Elschot