lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Contrib in oblivion
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:26:28 GMT
On Friday 11 November 2005 22:51, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On 11 Nov 2005, at 14:52, Paul Elschot wrote:
> > Quoting Doug on nutch-dev yesterday:
> >

> >> In 1.9 and beyond the plan is to build and distribute the contrib
> >> with
> >> Lucene.  So 'ant test' in Lucene should test contrib too, etc.  The
> >> point is to make sure that this stuff is maintained, but not to
> >> merge it
> >> into the core.  So stuff in contrib should not slide into oblivion.
> >>

> > So I tried to compile surround from lucene's build.xml, but that
> > doesn't work. The problem is that the lucene jar location is
> > set relative to build.xml, and then used in a subant from
> > contrib/.../build.xml leaving javac unable to find the lucene jar.
> >
> > Using ant -v it also complained that some targets are defined
> > both in build.xml and common-build.xml (iirc).
> >
> > Is there anyone else with code in contrib that knows enough
> > of ant to know how to fix this?
>
> Paul - what version of Ant are you using?   I'm (always) swamped, but
> I'll put this on my list of things to look at as soon as possible if
> no one else beats me to it.

I'm using ant 1.6.2.

Meanwhile I had a look at the ant book and at the manual for
subant, but I'm still not sure how to pass the lucene jar,
it might be an ant poperty (value or location) or an
included xml file.
I made one failed attempt at passing a property to subant.
Would it be better to use absolute path names instead
of relative ones?
Any hints would be wellcome.

Regards,
Paul Elschot