lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Contrib in oblivion
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:52:52 GMT
Quoting Doug on nutch-dev yesterday:

>In 1.9 and beyond the plan is to build and distribute the contrib with
>Lucene.  So 'ant test' in Lucene should test contrib too, etc.  The
>point is to make sure that this stuff is maintained, but not to merge it
>into the core.  So stuff in contrib should not slide into oblivion.

So I tried to compile surround from lucene's build.xml, but that
doesn't work. The problem is that the lucene jar location is
set relative to build.xml, and then used in a subant from
contrib/.../build.xml leaving javac unable to find the lucene jar.

Using ant -v it also complained that some targets are defined
both in build.xml and common-build.xml (iirc).

Is there anyone else with code in contrib that knows enough
of ant to know how to fix this?

Regards,
Paul Elschot