lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eliminating norms ... completley
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 00:37:05 GMT
I'm approaching it the same as term vectors... make the norms optional on a
per field basis.
My first cut is returning a dummy norm array filled in with the equiv of
1.0f so I didn't have to go modify all the queries/weights/scorers that
retrieve the norms. For best performance, those scorers should be modified
to handle null.

-Yonik