lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Welcome Yonik Seeley as committer!
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:11:50 GMT

: Formally, the process is that someone nominates, and the PMC votes.
: When Lucene was part of Jakarta we used to just have the committers
: vote, since we had little contact with the Jakarta PMC.  But now that
: Lucene has its own PMC we can do it the official Apache way.

Ahh, I see ... I didn't realize there was an "official Apache way" but
your comments got me the keywords I needed to find...

As for guidelines for patches, I've tried to consolidate both Erik/Doug's
comments along with my own personal opinions about providing unit tests
into the FAQ...

...if anyone else has any additions or corrections ... it's a wiki.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message