lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Welcome Yonik Seeley as committer!
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:11:50 GMT

: Formally, the process is that someone nominates, and the PMC votes.
: When Lucene was part of Jakarta we used to just have the committers
: vote, since we had little contact with the Jakarta PMC.  But now that
: Lucene has its own PMC we can do it the official Apache way.

Ahh, I see ... I didn't realize there was an "official Apache way" but
your comments got me the keywords I needed to find...

   http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

As for guidelines for patches, I've tried to consolidate both Erik/Doug's
comments along with my own personal opinions about providing unit tests
into the FAQ...

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ#head-bd6009b019133448d3ac22e3989ddf270b845ccb

...if anyone else has any additions or corrections ... it's a wiki.

-Hoss