lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Welcome Yonik Seeley as committer!
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 06:11:35 GMT

: Last week I proposed to the Lucene PMC that we make Yonik Seeley a
: committer on Lucene Java.  I am pleased to announce that other PMC
: members agreed.  Welcome, Yonik!

1) Wah-Hoo!  Yonik is definitely one of the smartest guys I've worked with
in the past few years.

2) On the subject of commiting and becoming a commiter: I've noticed a few
questions recently about why/when patches can/will-be commited; and
Yonik's new status has me wondering about how people become commiters, and
what guidelines exist for commiters to know how/when to accept patches.

Is there any documentation on these issues? ... Google searching the mail
archives didn't turn up anything very promising.

This seems like something that would be usefull to toss in the Wiki (with
a pointer from the FAQ).

-Hoss