lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Help requested
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:34:22 GMT
Please post to java-user in the future.  java-dev is for discussion
of the internals of Lucene.

On 30 Oct 2005, at 22:18, Urvashi Gadi wrote:
> I am new to Lucene and am trying to use Lucene for our digital library
> search engine.
>
> I have a couple of questions
>
> 1. Is there a way to use QueryParser so that the query object
> constructed
> can search against all the indexed information and not only one
> field which
> can be specified as an argument.

Two options... index all searchable text into a single "contents"
field and use that as the default field for QueryParser (my
preference) or use MultiFieldQueryParser.

> 2. When I use class "Field", the compiler says that it has been
> deprecated.
> But i couldn't find the information in Java docs. Any pointers?

Are you using Lucene 1.4.3?   If so, the javadocs are online on the
Lucene site.  If you're using a custom build of Lucene, you'll want
to consult the source you used or generate the javadocs.  The Field
class itself has not been deprecated, but some methods have been -
please let us know what methods you need clarification on (on java-
user).

     Erik