lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Leuski <leu...@ict.usc.edu>
Subject Adding information to an index
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 20:31:15 GMT
Greetings,

I'm looking to store some additional information in a Lucene index
and I'm looking for an advise on how to implement the functionality.
Specifically, I'm planning to store 1) collection frequency count for
each term, 2) actual document length for each document (yes, I looked
at the norm factor, I'm still considering how to adapt it...) 3)
collection size (total number of terms) for each field 4) vocabulary
size (number of unique terms) for each field. All this info can be
computed on the fly, but I would prefer to generate it at the
indexing time and store somewhere.

I think I figured out how to handle  #1) -- I found a post by Doug
Cutting about it which pointed me in the right direction.  What to do
about the rest of the info? I'd like the implementation to
automatically update the counts as documents are added and deleted
from the index.

Thank you.

-- Anton