lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Mario Alejandro M." <mamc...@gmail.com>
Subject Balancing metadata VS content
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:43:26 GMT
I'm in the process of build a gogle desktop search-like software. Is for
indexing corporate data & files.

I have 3 diferent sub-systems, the search engine, a config/admin tool and a
spider. I wonder how balance the metadata and the content.

I'm thinking in put the "link" information in a separate database. The
"link" information is for example, path, size, author, user name, number of
views, bla bla. The scoring is calculate here, and apply in search-time
against the index.

I'm rigth in this approach? I have a problem, because if I put this info
outside, then how leverage this when the user search? I know I can build a
link-id and that, but I want to know what problems I can expect if separate
this information...

--
Mario Alejandro Montoya
MCP