lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Ji <fji...@yahoo.com>
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:54:40 GMT
hi,

I saw several discussions about Distributed Link
Analysis Tool before. And I still have question about
the usage of the field "next score" in Page data
structure.

Seems Distributed Link Analysis Tool will update this
field by OutlinkWithTarget ( as I understand, that
means the link has target page ).

But I didn't see how "next score" field being used in
search result. Coz in IndexSegment.java, only the
field "score" in Page is used to generate boost value
of a document for indexing segment and will affect the
search rank for a particular document in Lucene
indexing structure.

thanks,

Michael Ji,